The Grateful Dead is a legendary rock band that has been entertaining audiences for over five decades. If you’re a fan of classic rock and roll, blues, folk, and country, then you will enjoy a performance by Easy Wind, a San Diego based Grateful Dead tribute band, on Sunday, March 12 at Quartyard. Celebrate the first day of Daylight Savings as we spring forward and get that extra love from the sun.
Getting hyped for the event we chose five Grateful Dead songs that have remained popular and enduring over the years.
- “Truckin” – This upbeat classic has become one of the Grateful Dead’s signature songs, known for its catchy chorus and upbeat vibe.
2. “Uncle John’s Band” – A staple of the Grateful Dead’s live shows, this song features intricate harmonies and a memorable melody that has made it a fan favorite.
3. “Casey Jones” – This upbeat tune about a train conductor has become a staple of the Grateful Dead’s live shows, and is known for its catchy chorus and upbeat vibe.
4. “Touch of Grey” – One of the Grateful Dead’s few Top 40 hits, this song features upbeat lyrics and a memorable melody that have made it one of the band’s most enduring and popular songs.
5. “Fire on the Mountain” – Storied to have been written on a Californian Ranch while watching hills beyond ablaze, this song’s story may be one of the greatest stories ever told. The guitar solos on this one is testament to the timeless value of masterful improvisation. Read more about the story behind this song on Dead.Net.
So break out that spring time tie-dye and grab your pals for an outdoor jam sesh with Easy Wind and support Whiskey & Burlap at Quartyard on Sunday, March 12!